Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dollar Sense

Spoke with Kelley about her OS appointment. She got to ask her questions, everything went well and she doesn't need to go back until late September. Everything happy? Well, of course he recommends/suggests a chin implant and lipo if she wants it. We are talking more $$$. Heads up although I wouldn't trade any of my kids for all the $$$ in the world they sure can rack up some bills! We have college tuition, books, living expenses, etc. Braces not for just one but two kids, oral surgery expense. And don't think public schools are free. My high school senior cost me over $300 for fees/etc for school so far and that doesn't include school supplies and clothing. So when Kelley informed me about the $$$ to finish this project off, I just don't have it. I suggested that she wait until next summer she how she feels about how everything looks after she gets a good idea of how she will look, maybe even without the braces. I looked at her recent pic and I think she looks perfect. I wouldn't do anything else. Of course I feel guilty that I have to say no to the $$$ at least for now. Oh yeah and the Doctors/hospital bill haven't even come in yet. More $$$ just going out of my pockets to someone else. Well sorry to gripe, but that what I have you all for to listen. HA, HA. It's either laugh or cry!

2 comments:

Kam said...

I'm sorry I'm such a financial burden. It's not like I wanted to be born with a messed up jaw. :(

Michelle said...

Wow, having kids is expensive! I've actually thought the same thing about Kam's appearance since the surgery - she's looking great these days! From the pictures, it doesn't look like she needs lipo. She really looks fab!!!

I hope you're well!

:0)
M