Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Girls Weekend

Well I got to spend sometime with my "Girls" this weekend. We already miss each other, leaving is the hardest part! I got to see Kelley since I left her 5 days post surgery. We even went to Gringos! Kelley hadn't been back there since the night before surgery. The waiter who knows the girls came by and said I haven't seen you for awhile. Kelley asked him if she looked different and he said yeah, I wasn't quite sure that was you. Does anyone else get this phrase after surgery? And when does your new face become your old face? I think Kelley is still a little self -conscious. We spent time shopping, and got Halloween decorations and a pumkin. I could of used one more day there, I got Kelley's bathroom walls textured and ready to paint, I could of got it painted if I just had one more day! Well we had fun weekend, it just wasnt long enough.
Mo-Mo

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hi! thanks for your comment :) as far as the overbite goes... I think I was just over analyzing. I've realized that everyone's bite is different. My front teeth are still a little bit in front of my bottom teeth, which at the time I considered an overbite. The orthodontist and surgeon say that my bite looks great, so I trust them. It was just the initial panic after going through the surgery and wanting to make sure everything was perfect. Hope that helped! If you have any other questions, let me know. Good luck to your daughter!

Leah said...

I actually didn't have any change in my nasal structure. A lot of people do though. Was her surgery just a mandibular advancement or did she have maxilla work done also? It seems that nose changes happen more with upper jaw surgeries, but thats just my own observation. If you take a look at Holly's blog (a link is on my page) she had some issues with her nose and is going in for a second surgery to correct her first surgery. But I have heard that it takes about a year for things to settle.