Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post Ike Update

Would like everyone to know that we are OK. We had minor water damage due to roof and window leaks and a lot of tree damage. We have spent the last three days cleaning up. We have 14 houses on our street and all the neighbors have pitched in and went from house to house cleaning up the yards. We all have 1 1/2 acre plots so it is not an easy chore. We have amazing neighbors and it is a real good feeling knowing that you are not alone during this kind of thing. One of our neighbors, who had a whole house generator was cooking meals for all of us working and letting people sleep at their house. We didn't sleep there since we had a small generator, so we were able to run fans, a TV and refrigerator. We got power back on Monday evening. Parts of town are still without power. The grocery store opened up on Monday for a couple of hours. I went today and they had limited supplies, no dairy, some meat, some bread, not much frozen stuff. But they did have Blue Bell ice cream! so I got a gallon. I took some pictures and when I have the time and Kelley can help me, I will post them.
Mo-Mo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm encouraged to hear that you have a strong community to help each other recover from Hurricane Ike. And I'm glad you picked up a gallon of some Blue Bell ice cream. That ought to put a little smile on people's faces!

:0)
M