Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Overcoming Panic

It funny how human nature is. Kelley calls me all upset, which of course gets the Mom feathers ruffled. The Doctor visit didn't go well, she didn't get to ask her pre-surgery questions that she had, and the Dr's office ladies haven't heard back yet from the insurance company. So what do I do? Well, first I try and calm Kelley down, then I try and get at least half the story straight, then I hang up and PANIC! I'm thinking what kind of surgeon is this! He can't even file some molars without slipping. What if he slips during surgery. Let's just call this whole thing off! I'm 200 miles away what can I do? I dont tell Kelley this because I dont want to make her more upset, it is just irrational thoughts. I remember one time I was scuba diving and my rented mask keep flooding with salt water, my eyes were burning, I felt like I could'nt breathe and what my mind was telling me was go to the surface now! But I kept it together and just keep clearing my mask and remembered to breathe with my mouth and not worry that my nose was filled with water. Thats kind of what I did today. Just remembered that everything will be ok. I did call the Doctor's office and spoke with them and they said that the insurance company should respond within 42 to 72 hours. I will call back on Friday and see if there is any progress.
Thanks for listening (reading)
Mo-Mo

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Mo-Mo, what a day! I'm sorry to hear the doctor's visit didn't go well. (I feel like calling them and giving them a piece of my mind!)

Just wondering - did you or Kelly ever receive a letter saying her surgery was approved by the insurance company? That letter sure did bring me some peace. You know, it may not hurt to call the insurance company yourself, too. I think you'll want to talk to someone in the Benefits department. That's what I had to do in order to figure out how my surgery was going to be covered. If you do get a chance to call them, be sure to say that the surgery is 'medical' and not 'dental' - that seems to affect how the benefits are handled.

I am taking deep breaths for you. I had a vivid memory reading about your scuba story - I did that once in Jamaica and basically had to do exactly what you described because it just didn't feel right to be breathing underwater for so long. So deep breaths and no panic attacks! :0)

Hugs,
M