Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Some of the twinkle in Kelley's eyes is beginning to shine again. She was smiling again, although it hurt when she did. I took her to her post-op visit today. The O.S. said everything was looking good. He added some more bands: two diagonal bands and one front and center. This was the first day that she didn't have that dazed over look. She still has some pain, but is taking plain Tylenol because the Tylenol w/Codeine was upsetting her stomach. I am still concerned that she is not eating enough. I know when you are in pain and dont feel well you dont wait to eat. I had to come home today, but she and her sister promised me that she wont forget to take her meds and eat/drink well. The Doctor said for her to get up and move around some. I went to the store and got her about a week's worth of groceries before leaving, so hopefully she will be ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She probably won't be eating enough for a few weeks; eating - or rather, getting nutrients into yourself any way you can, not sure that's called eating- is such a tiring process when you're in that state. I should know, I lost 6 kilos in 5 weeks, which is just ridiculous.
Glad kelley was looking better by the time you left, though. Sounds like you were a great support team!

Kam said...

Ouchie mom! Stop making me smile, it hurts ;D

Lori G. said...

I have had a hard time "eating" enough. Just the last few days things have started to taste right. I have lost 8 pounds in 12 days.
It was great that you could be with her after surgery. Support from your family is so important.