Friday, July 11, 2008

Talk w/Insurance/Dr. office

I call our insurance company because Kelley gave me some bills that were rejected from the insurance company. Comes to find out the insurance company said they had no record of those bills. They surmise that they were sent in under dental instead of medical. So I call the billing phone number on the bill and they said that the reason they got back was that she wasnt covered. (which would make sense if they did try and file with dental. Since we have a different company for dental) Well she is a covered dependent, they suggest I call the Dr. Office. So I call them and they say the same thing. So... they determine they better resend the bills to the insurance office again. So I ask if they have heard back yet on the predetemination/preauthorization from the insurance company. And they have not... all this 2 wks before surgery! (Heart Attack) The insurance is suppose to pay for (85%). No way I could pay the whole thing! 15% is stretching things. They said they should know by Monday. When I was there and spoke with the office lady on Tuesday (7/8) she acted like "oh yeah we work with them all the time..." Hopefully, no problems this time. Sorry but just need to vent!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, for the love!! And of course you have the weekend to dwell on this. Argh! I'm sorry. I'm thinking that it is a mix-up between going through the dental vs. medical channels. Anytime I heard conflicting information (one minute I was covered, the next minute I wasn't), it was because the person I was talking to would mistakenly file something under dental when it should have been filed under medical. As long as you keep on their toes, which sounds to me you are doing just that, then you should receive some good news on Monday. I'll be thinking positive thoughts over the weekend. In the meantime, I hope you have a great weekend with Kam!!

:0)
M

Rachel said...

The insurance side is the most annoying part. I had to get a pre-determination letter before my ortho would even put my braces on. I have a feeling there will be battles to come once the bills start coming in. Make sure take notes anytime you talk to anyone (name, date, time, what was discussed). It helps later if you ever have to talk to a supervisor. Just stay on them. I think I annoyed them so much that I got my letter fairly quickly to shut me up! Hang in there.
p.s. I saw that you told Kam about glutamine. It is everyday instead of every other day. I also took fish/flax oil combo for lots of Omega 3 fatty acids before. Its help a lot even if you aren't having surgery.